Skip to content

Main content

1912

Orson Briggs starts Briggs Nursery, growing small fruits and vegetables in Olympia.

1950

Bruce Briggs (son of Orson) changes the business into a nursery operation focusing on Rhododendron and woody ornamentals.

1965

Bruce Briggs in conjunction with WSU, develops the protocol for tissue propagation (Micro-Propagation).

1983

Briggs starts selling excess micro-propagated plant material (Liners) to growers.

1985

New tissue culture laboratory is built.

1998

Annual liner sales exceed finished stock sales for the first time.

2000

Perennial plug sales start.

2002

Outside independent field sales representatives for liners are contracted. Sales yard operation is sold. Began developing alternative markets for Tissue culture.

2006

Briggs builds a new state of the art TC laboratory and propagation house effectively doubling the size of the lab.

2006

Donates the Olympia Land to the YMCA of Olympia and moves remaining operations to Elma.

2010

Briggs stops supplying finished containers to retail garden centers and focuses entire production on Liners.

2013

Briggs is bought by Sidhu and Sons Nursery Ltd.

2016

Briggs starts doing container production again and expands to work with garden centers.

Loading…